Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Place sugar, flour, dry mustard, salt, and pepper in the top of double boiler.
- Blend in 1 cup water until thoroughly mixed.
- Place over direct heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly but gently.
- Cook 1-2 minutes longer after mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Beat the egg yolks slightly then stir 3 tablespoons of the hot mixture into the eggs.
- Beat vigorously.
- Immediately blend the egg mixture into the mixture in the top of the double boiler.
- Place over simmering water and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Stir slowly to keep mixture cooking evenly.
- Remove from heat and stir in margarine. Cool and store in refrigerator in tightly covered jar.
- Before using, thin to desired consistency with cream, fruit juice or vinegar.