My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sugar, flour, dry mustard, salt, and pepper in the top of double boiler.
- 2Blend in 1 cup water until thoroughly mixed.
- 3Place over direct heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly but gently.
- 4Cook 1-2 minutes longer after mixture comes to a boil.
- 5Stir in vinegar.
- 6Beat the egg yolks slightly then stir 3 tablespoons of the hot mixture into the eggs.
- 7Beat vigorously.
- 8Immediately blend the egg mixture into the mixture in the top of the double boiler.
- 9Place over simmering water and cook 3-5 minutes.
- 10Stir slowly to keep mixture cooking evenly.
- 11Remove from heat and stir in margarine. Cool and store in refrigerator in tightly covered jar.
- 12Before using, thin to desired consistency with cream, fruit juice or vinegar.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooked Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.1
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 664.0 mg
- Sodium 1461.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 50.5 g
- Protein 11.0 g