Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Childhood favorite. Chocolate chip bar cookies.
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 10 x 15 inch pan.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla and one egg at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Stir in flour mixture and blend well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake until top is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Cut into bars.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.