Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Desperation Dinners. Cooked in the microwave.
Top Review by tangible*things
A terrific recipe that's been saved to my 'microwave' recipe file! I had leftover stuffing, so I'll probably alter the recipe in future for 6 peppers instead of the 4 peppers the recipe calls for...I also like a little more rice in my stuffed peppers, so I'll probably up the amount for future use...I will also 'nuke' the peppers a little less longer in future, as my micro is 1000W and they ended up cooked a little too much...I highly recommend this recipe for those who'd like stuffed peppers, but don't have the time! Thank you for posting this recipe!
- 4 medium green bell peppers
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice off the top of each bell pepper; use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- Put the peppers, open side up, in an 8-inch square casserole dish that has a lid.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the casserole (do not get any water inside the pepper cavities).
- Microwave the peppers, covered, on HIGH, for about 5 minutes or until the peppers are crisp-tender.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over high heat--let skillet get heated.
- Add in ground beef and chopped onion; cook until meat is browned, stir and break up meat as you cook.
- Add in the corn, rice, and tomatoes; stir to combine.
- Add in the worcestershire sauce, basil, garlic, powder, and pepper to taste.
- Stir and cook about 2 minutes or until the corn and rice are heated through.
- Stir in 2/3 cup cheddar cheese and remove from heat.
- Remove peppers from dish using a slotted spoon; drain off any water.
- Pour all water out of the dish.
- Fill the peppers with stuffing and return them to the casserole dish.
- Spoon any remaining stuffing around the peppers.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over all.
- Microwave the peppers, uncovered, on high, for about 1 minute or until the cheese melts.