Recipe by Manda
Posted per request. My family loves this sauce on hot dogs. It's very simple to make, and you can make the sauce hotter by adding extra chili powder or by adding crushed or liquid red pepper to the mixture. Also freezes well.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or 2 teaspoons instant bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef, onions, and garlic in large skillet.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over cooked hot dogs (in buns) with any (or all!) of your other favorite hot dog toppings (sauerkraut, chopped onion, ketchup, mustard, pickle relish, melted American or cheddar cheese).