1/1 Photo of Comforting Cream Cheese Potato Soup With Bacon or Ham
What a wonderful creamy and comforting potato soup! Garnish with additional snipped parsley and crumbled bacon or diced ham, as desired. Add a side salad and crusty baguette for a tasty lunch or light dinner. Perfect for a chilly autumn or winter's day...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups organic chicken broth
- 6 cups peeled and cubed potatoes (russets)
- 1/3 cup white onion, finely chopped
- salt (optional, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon or 1 cup diced ham
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1In a stockpot or Dutch oven, bring the broth to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add diced potatoes and onions and return to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to a simmer, partially cover and cook 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- 4Using a potato masher, coarsely mash the potatoes in the pot (do not drain).
- 5Add seasonings, parsley, crumbled cooked bacon or diced ham, and the chunks of cream cheese.
- 6Cook and stir for a few minutes, until cheese is melted. Stir well to combine.
- 7Serve soup hot with a side salad and a crusty baguette.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Comforting Cream Cheese Potato Soup With Bacon or Ham
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.2
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 1338.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 17.6 g