A wonderful way to serve dessert to 42 people! An English concoction.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (or white)
- 6 cups cold milk
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 2 (16 ounce) cartons frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and apple pie spice for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 2Cut one cake layer if necessary to fit evenly in an 8-qt. punch bowl. Poke holes in cake with a long wooden skewer; gradually pour a third of the caramel topping over cake. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans and spread with half of the pudding mixture. Spoon one can of pie filling over pudding; spread with one carton of whipped topping.
- 3Top with remaining cake and repeat layers. Drizzle with remaining caramel topping and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colossal Caramel Apple Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (4924 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 248.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice