Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A wonderful way to serve dessert to 42 people! An English concoction.
Make and share this Colossal Caramel Apple Trifle recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (or white)
- 6 cups cold milk
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 2 (16 ounce) cartons frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and apple pie spice for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cut one cake layer if necessary to fit evenly in an 8-qt. punch bowl. Poke holes in cake with a long wooden skewer; gradually pour a third of the caramel topping over cake. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans and spread with half of the pudding mixture. Spoon one can of pie filling over pudding; spread with one carton of whipped topping.
- Top with remaining cake and repeat layers. Drizzle with remaining caramel topping and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until serving.