Caramel Apple Trifle
This is a recipe I made using another one and adjusting to suit my needs for a cooking class. It's delicious and impressive!!
- Ready In:
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces (or chopped pecans)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cinnamon and spice apple pie filling
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl whisk together milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut pound cake into small cubes.
- Cut the apples in the filling into small pieces.
- Place 1/2 of cake cubes in bottom of trifle dish, or large glass bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup caramel topping over cake.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup toffee bits (or pecans).
- Spread 1/2 of pudding mixture on top, making sides of trifle dish look pretty!
- Spoon 1/2 of apple pie filling on top of pudding.
- Spread half of whipped topping on top of apples.
- Repeat layers: cake, caramel topping, toffee bits, pudding, apple pie filling, whipped topping.
- Drizzle with additional caramel topping and toffee bits.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this for a Thanksgiving potluck...Nothing left of it and I bought the family size Sara Lee cake and an 1/2 can extra of apple pie filling. (could only find the apple pie filling and not the cinnamon and spice) However, in the ice cream topping section found a Smucker's topping that was apple cinnamon and I combined it with the carmal topping. Topped it with cool whip, caramel and toffee. Will definitely make this again. It was a HIT.. Made me look like Martha Stewart!!! Thanks...Reply
Absolutely wonderful! I made this trifle for Easter this year and out of 15 guests, everybody tried it and some even had seconds and thirds. I couldn't find that size of pudding mix so had to use two smaller ones and 4 cups of milk. I used skim milk and the pecans instead of toffee bits and the trifle was prepared 2 days in advance. There were no leftovers for us to enjoy the next day!!Reply
see 7 more