Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (12 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Add oil, vinegar, basil, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to the container of an electric blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Drain and rinse cooked pasta; place in a big bowl.
- Add the peppers, tomato, olives, and onion.
- Pour in dressing; toss to coat.
- Add mozzarella cheese and toss to mix well.
- Add additional salt and pepper if desired.
This is a delicious pasta salad- definitely a keeper.
I made this delightful salad to take to a potluck. It was very popular and got eaten up. The name is appropriate because it was extremely colorful. But more importantly, it was well seasoned and full of crunchy veggies. Thanks Nurse Di.