Recipe by rochsann
I love brownies, and this recipe rated "fabulous" with me. They're firm, but gooey in the center (Yes, I baked them long enough!). No frosting is necessary. From "Creme de Colorado Cookbook", a Junior League of Denver cookbook.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla; blend in chocolate mixture.
- Add flour and salt; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread batter into greased and floured 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25- 30 minutes.