Recipe by Lennie
With some of this prepared and waiting in your fridge, and a package of the shredded cabbage coleslaw mix you can buy, you can have a salad on the table in minutes! Recipe easily doubles, or you can also easily just make half. I originally got this recipe from a friend, but I cut back the sugar and changed the type of vinegar used.
Top Review by ChipotleChick
Excellent dressing! I made it with celery salt instead of the celery seeds and salt, and used red wine vinegar because that was all I had. This will be replacing my regular coleslaw recipe, as it is much easier, uses less ingredients, and tastes better! Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Note that you can adjust the sugar and vinegar amounts to suit your taste, adding more or less of each as you prefer; also note that if you insist on using Miracle Whip, you'll likely want to cut the sugar back.
- In a blender, food processor, or even in a bowl with a whisk, combine all ingredients well; taste, add more salt if you wish.
- Either use right away to dress a coleslaw, or store, covered, in the refrigerator; keeps well for several days.