Recipe by Steve P.
A nice refreshing change of pace salad with an Oriental flair. A good way to use up some leftover ham too :) BTW the 3 minute cook time is for the noodles and assumes you are using leftover ham and not baking a ham for this dish.
- 1 lb chinese noodles (lo mein)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cucumber (unpeeled, seeded, cut into long, thin strips)
- 6 slices ham (cut into long thin strips)
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in boiling water for about 3 minutes or until done.
- Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Place in a large bowl; sprinkle with the sesame oil and mix well.
- Add the cucumber and ham to the cool noodles.
- In a small bowl combine and whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and tabasco.
- Pour the above mixture over the noodles and mix again before serving.