Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
A nice refreshing change of pace salad with an Oriental flair. A good way to use up some leftover ham too :) BTW the 3 minute cook time is for the noodles and assumes you are using leftover ham and not baking a ham for this dish.
- 1 lb chinese noodles (lo mein)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cucumber (unpeeled, seeded, cut into long, thin strips)
- 6 slices ham (cut into long thin strips)
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- Cook noodles in boiling water for about 3 minutes or until done.
- Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Place in a large bowl; sprinkle with the sesame oil and mix well.
- Add the cucumber and ham to the cool noodles.
- In a small bowl combine and whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and tabasco.
- Pour the above mixture over the noodles and mix again before serving.
Very nice and light! Love that it is so quick and esy to to make. Thinking it would be good with shrimp also. Thanks for posting.