I know there is a ton of different styles. This is the one I found that I like the best.
Make and share this Colcannon (Mashed Potatoes With Cabbage) recipe from Food.com.
- Put cabbage, onion, and water in saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat and reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 8 minutes or until tender, but not mushy.
- Drain cabbage and onion.
- Add mashed potatoes, milk, butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well to blend and heat through.
- Serve warm, as a side dish with meat, chicken or fish.