1/1 Photo of Colcannon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, simmer the kale along with olive oil and 2 cups water for 10 minutes.
- 2Drain kale and cool a bit before chopping it finely. Set aside and cover to keep it warm.
- 3In a small pot, bring potatoes and water to a boil and simmer until tender.
- 4In another small pot, simmer leeks in milk for 10 minutes; turn off heat and cover to keep warm.
- 5Drain the potatoes and puree them into the large pot.
- 6Add leeks with the milk, and cooked kale.
- 7Beat with a spoon or whisk until fluffy.
- 8Season with mace, salt and pepper.
- 9Top with melted butter; garnish with parsley if desired.
- 10Yields 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colcannon
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.1
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 206.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g