Recipe by AnnaWang
This is the recipe I got from Chinese teachers in the north of China. Taste so good that I want to eat it again and again.I made some revision according to my taste....
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 8 ounces Coca-Cola or 8 ounces Pepsi
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (as preservatives)
- oil, to fry the chicken
- garlic, to taste
- ginger, to taste
- onion, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the chicken until close to brown then set aside.
- Reduce the oil and saute garlic, onions then ginger.
- Bring back the fried chicken to the skillet.
- Seasoned with salt, oyster sauce, paprika and black pepper.
- Instead of putting water to bring the chicken to boil, pour the cola (it serves as tenderizer also).
- Add the vinegar and don't touch the chicken.
- In a small bowl, put 1/2 cup of hot water to dissolve the cornstarch, then pour on the skillet.
- If you are cooking for a crowd you can add boiled potatoes cut in cubes.