Recipe by Sharon in Podunk
Got this recipe from a college roommate. If you want less sauce, use a saucepan. If you want more sauce use a taller pan. To make it extra rich, use a full can of coke and full bottle of wine and cook until reduced the way you like! Yum!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 -3 leeks, sliced into rounds, including the green tops
- 1 jalapenos or 1 serrano pepper, sliced
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Put in the pot: the garlic, ginger, chicken, boullion, and white parts of the leeks. Add wine, soy sauce, and coke.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to keep chicken from sticking to the pot and burning, and when it starts to foam, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Then add the green parts of the leeks and jalapeno and cook uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or with hot crusty bread.