Recipe by Koechin (Chef)
Chickens just don't taste the way they used to. Unless you're lucky enough to raise your own! Well try this recipe and you will never use another one. It produces the moistest flavourful chicken we have ever cooked on the grill.
- 4 chicken breast halves, with skin and bones
- 4 1⁄2 cups Coca-Cola
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the salt and Coke. Stir well to dissolve.
- Puncture your chicken several times with the tines of a fork.
- Place it in the brine. Make sure all pieces are submerged. (I use a large round bowl); Cover.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Prepare your rub. Be sure to combine well. (for the Mustard Powder I like to use "Colemanns").
- When you are ready to grill the chicken. Prepare your grill so the chicken will be cooked over indirect heat.
- Remove the chicken from the brine, and dry it well. (throw out the brine).
- Rub your chicken pieces on both sides with the rub. Use it all!
- Now let it sit for 15 min., so it can absorb the rub flavors.
- Place it on the grill, skin side down for approximately 15-20 minutes. The skin should be nice and crispy brown.
- Turn the pieces over and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- You might like to serve it with your favorite BBQ Sauce on the side.
- This also works well with chicken legs, but the cooking time will vary. The dark meat should test at 180°F in the thigh.