1/2 Photos of Coffee Walnut Cake
This cake was one that my mother obtained from a British cookbook. As I was going through my recipe box I realized I did not have this recipe so I promptly called her up and she was happy to give it to me. When making it I realized that the cake was really dense and made thin layers and was more of a torte.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coffee extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2For cake, cream butter and sugar.
- 3Add eggs one at a time beating after each.
- 4Add flour and baking powder.
- 5Add extract.
- 6Pour batter into two prepared cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool cake completely before icing.
- 8For icing, cream butter.
- 9Add powder sugar and extract and whip until fluffy.
- 10Place chopped walnuts on waxed paper.
- 11When cake is completely cool, ice the middle and sides.
- 12Pick up cake holding the top and bottom between hands and roll the sides in the chopped walnuts.
- 13Finish the top with icing and garnish with walnut halves.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Walnut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7486.5
- Calories from Fat 4061
- Total Fat 451.2 g
- Saturated Fat 195.8 g
- Cholesterol 1578.0 mg
- Sodium 2983.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 808.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.6 g
- Sugars 605.7 g
- Protein 86.3 g