Recipe by BakerNoMo
I saw this recipe made on "5 Ingredient Fix" with Claire Robinson on the Food Network. It looks different than other Snow Cream recipes posted here so I thought I'd post it. I haven't tried it yet because I couldn't find espresso powder at the store last weekend, but I will be trying it soon.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 8 cups fresh clean snow or 8 cups finely ground ice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a simmer, over low heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir the espresso powder into the hot syrup until dissolved. Whisk in the vanilla and condensed milk and chill before using.
- To serve, mound 2 cups of fresh clean snow or finely ground ice in each serving bowl. Drizzle with 1/4 cup coffee syrup and serve immediately.
- Cook's Note: Coffee syrup will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 week.