Southern Snow Cream
photo by Swirling F.
- Ready In:
- fresh clean snow
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (fat free works great too)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- decorative candies or candy sprinkles
- Gather fresh, clean snow in a large bowl or place a bowl outside after it starts to snow to catch it.
- You will need the bowl to be very full.
- Mix in the sweetened condensed milk& vanilla.
- As you stir the snow will reduce by about half.
- Keep mixing, by hand, until thoroughly combined; it will take a few minutes.
- Mix in or top with desired candies, sprinkles or ice cream toppings; or enjoy plain.
Questions & Replies
Used this recipe on a snowy SPRING day when the DGSs where visiting and needed something to use up some excess energy. They loved the idea and enjoyed eating it after it was made. They sprinkled candies on it for a topping and were so proud of the results. It was a little on the sweet side for me - but then I'm not a fan of the sweet condensed milk so that could just be me. Next time I think I'll try another posters idea and add a little plain milk to it. It was a fun project to do with the kids and I thank you for posting a fun and easy recipe.
see 18 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.