Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
From Taste of Home (April/May 2001)
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cream butter, sugars and coffee granules together; gradually beat in flour and salt.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with floured 2-3 inch cookie cutters; place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Drizzle with melted chips.
This recipe was horrible!! Did not turn out like a shortbread at all. Flat, and ugly. Fallowed the recipe to a T. It's too bad, I love the coffee/cookie combo, guess i will keep searching.
Excellent recipe. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe too. Tasted great and different!
These are delicious! I love TOH and am rarely, if ever, disappointed in their recipes! The only thing I did different besides halve the batch was use instant espresso granules in place of the coffee for a stronger flavor. These are a yummy little cookie I made for some Chirstmas trays and I thank you for posting! :)