Whole Wheat Shortbread Cookies
Traditional Shortbread with whole wheat and raw sugar.
- Ready In:
- In lg bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until you have a fine crumbly mixture.
- Knead dough until smooth, about 7-8 minutes.
- spread dough into ungreased 15x10 pan.
- Pierce with fork all over.
- Bake at 325* for 25 minutes.
- While warm, cut into squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Tasty! It doesn’t tell you if the butter needs to be cold, but I assume so. Mine was softened, so the batter didn’t need kneading.also used brown sugar. I spread it in a 9x13 and froze for maybe 12 minutes before baking for about 27 minutes, and the bars were soft and buttery and crumbly. Would be good with pecans. Yum!Reply