Recipe by Roxygirl in Colorado
My friend Kathy (great baker) gave me this recipe and I've made it for coffee hour for years. I love the touch of cinnamon and the bars are just the right thickness. My holiday baking would not be complete without these!
Top Review by Bobtail
These are very good! I prepared the recipe as directed. I was concerned that the dough was a little dry as I was preparing this, but it did press into my dish just fine. The texture was a bit crispy with a little bit of chewiness to it! I liked the flavor. It is a mild cinnamon flavor, just right for a snack with a glass of milk, coffee hour or a dessert! The chocolate gives it just the right amount of sweetness! Thanks Roxygirl!
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 -6 Hershey Bars
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Cream butter.
- Add sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Spread batter (dough will be crumbly, but it will come together when you press it in the pan) evenly in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Place Hershey bars on top of bars and gently spread with a knife until melted.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on top.