Recipe by Outta Here
Great with your morning coffee.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Made these, and shared them with some people I volunteer at the hospital with. At first I said coffee and coconut ?.. But these combined worked out real well. Very refreshing and the texture was great. I did leave out the salt, and used fat-free milk. Everyone enjoyed these greatly. Made for your win in Football Pool.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brewed coffee, strong
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour 12 muffin cups, or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, using electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar until very light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a small bowl.
- Combine the coffee, milk, vanilla and almond extract in a small bowl.
- Alternately blend the coffee mixture and the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the nuts and coconut.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes on rack and remove from muffin tins and cool.