A lovely, light, coffee-flavored cream pie. Chilling time not included in preparation time. From the Wisconsin Dutch Chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- 2Heat cream and coffee together; add gradually to cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly.
- 3Cook in double boiler until thick and smooth, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- 4Pour part of mixture over egg, blending thoroughly.
- 5Return to double boiler and cook for two minutes longer.
- 6Cool and add vanilla extract.
- 7Turn into baked pie shell and pile high with lightly sweetened whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee and Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.5
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 282.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g