1/1 Photo of Coffee and Cream Coffee Cake
I found this recipe in a magazine, while I was in a the dentist's waiting room. I haven't tried it yet, but I will get round to it eventually.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan with a removable bottom.
- 3In a small bowl, combine pecans with the 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and 1 tbsp coffee.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt,, and remaining coffee. Set aside.
- 5Using an electric mixer, beat the butter with a paddle attachment till fluffy. Slowly add sugar, beating till blended, about 2 minutes Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 6On high speed beat for another 2 minute, then reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and alternate with flour mixture and sour cream in 3 parts till smooth.
- 7Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup of pecan mixture. Top with another 1/3 of the batter, sprinkle with another 1/2 cup of pecan mixture and top with remaining batter, then sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture.
- 8Bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean.
- 9Transfer to a rack and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Loosen edges with a knife. Invert on to a plate remove the bottom of the pan, then invert again with the nut side up, onto a rack and let cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee and Cream Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.3
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 404.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g