Recipe by C.C
I found this recipe in a magazine, while I was in a the dentist's waiting room. I haven't tried it yet, but I will get round to it eventually.
Top Review by Annacia
This cake has a marvelous flavor, is moist and of so good. The reason that I'm giving it 4 stars is because there is no way that I could have gotten the the several layers of pecan mix. I had only enough to put a light sprinkle on the top. Now, I did make a half recipe but even so I would have needed a full recipe amount of the pecan mix (or even double) to have enough for the lovely layers. I used Splenda, fat free sour cream, and just egg whites and got a tall, lovely cake. Made for Comfort Cafe, Summer 09.
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons strong cold coffee
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan with a removable bottom.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans with the 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and 1 tbsp coffee.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt,, and remaining coffee. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter with a paddle attachment till fluffy. Slowly add sugar, beating till blended, about 2 minutes Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- On high speed beat for another 2 minute, then reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and alternate with flour mixture and sour cream in 3 parts till smooth.
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup of pecan mixture. Top with another 1/3 of the batter, sprinkle with another 1/2 cup of pecan mixture and top with remaining batter, then sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture.
- Bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to a rack and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Loosen edges with a knife. Invert on to a plate remove the bottom of the pan, then invert again with the nut side up, onto a rack and let cool completely.