Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 4 cod fish fillets (3.25 ozs. each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice (fresh is always best)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup mandarin orange pieces or 1 cup blood orange, works too
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels, set aside.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add the ginger and cook over medium high heat, stirring often, for 2 minutes, until litely browned.
- Add lemon juice, mustard, soy sauce and 1 cup of orange juice, stir to combine.
- Add the fish in single layer.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, until fish is opaque and done.
- Remove the fish to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Mix cornstarch and remaining 1/2 c.
- orange juice together in a cup.
- Add to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute until sauce thickens.
- Stir in the orange pieces.
- Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until oranges are heated through.
- Serve the sauce over the fish.
- Sprinkle with scallions.
this turned out ok. there was too much ginger for my liking. the orange slices were very good. i liked it ok. but my family wasn't at all impressed. sorry.