Recipe by Kozmic Blues
Cod is one of my favorite fish, and we get such wonderful, fresh and inexpensive cod here in Rhode Island. I think the touch of lemon zest in the crust adds a nice lemony flavor mixed in with the breadcrumbs.
Top Review by billikers
We aren't big fish fans, but we decided to give this recipe a chance anyway. I think it turned out pretty well. However, it wasn't our cup of tea. I don't think the fact that we didn't enjoy this recipe was reflective of the recipe itself, but rather the fact that we don't particularly like fish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs (or plain if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (or mix ½ parsley with ½ of another fresh herb of your choice)
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 lbs cod fish fillets, in four servings
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Pile parsley, garlic, lemon zest, and a little salt on the cutting board.
- Finely chop the parsley, garlic, lemon zest, and a little salt, then add mixture to the plain bread crumbs.
- Brush the top of each fillet with olive oil and dip in to the bread crumb herb mixture.
- You can be a little generous here with the crumbs.
- Brush a little bit of olive oil in the bottom of a baking pan then place fillet in the pan, crust side up.
- Roast fillets in oven, about 12-15 minutes or until firm to the touch.