Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy and delicious. I usually serve this with a seasoned white & wild rice blend and green beans.
- 1 lb cod fish fillets (1/2 to 3/4 in thick, fresh or frozen, thawed if frozen) or 1 lb haddock fillet (1/2 to 3/4 in thick, fresh or frozen, thawed if frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut fish into four serving size portions.
- Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place fish in an 11" x 7" baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together whipping cream, 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, wine, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over fish.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Take fish out of sauce and place on a serving platter.
- Stir sauce to blend and pour over fish.
- Top with 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
This is very similar to a recipe I use for halibut. Adding white wine is a great addition but we do like some lemon zest on top and some grated old cheddar. Thanks for a lovely recipe
Terrific! I really enjoyed this. I did tweak it to cut the fat -- instead of using cream, I used Dancer^'s Low-fat Heavy Cream Substitute. And I added the juice of one lemon to the cream mixture. It was wonderfully rich, without all the fat. This is a definite keeper -- thanks for posting it!