1/1 Photo of Coconut Tapioca Pie
This recipe was posted in the Houston Chronicle. It's so quick and easy to make, you can even do it on a busy week night. The cook time indicated is really the chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium-size saucepan, whisk together coconut milk, sugar, tapioca and eggs.
- 2Mix thoroughly and let rest 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, toast coconut in a dry skillet over high heat, stirring constantly until golden brown.
- 4Pour onto a plate to cool.
- 5Cook tapioca mixture over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a full boil.
- 6Remove from heat and mix in vanilla and coconut extracts.
- 7Set saucepan in a bowl of ice water and stir filling until cold, about 4 minutes.
- 8Whip cream in a medium bowl until stiff.
- 9Carefully fold filling into whipped cream until mixed.
- 10Spoon into pie shell and sprinkle edges with toasted coconut.
- 11Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, then serve.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Tapioca Pie
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.3
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 90.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla cookie pie crusts