Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I created this recipe myself and it's delicious! You can add more green chilies if you like it hotter or add chili flakes or cayenne pepper. You can substitute any seafood for shrimp or cook a variety of seafood in it, if you wish.
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, shelled, de-veined, and washed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup water, if needed
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large green chilies, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- Saute onions and chilies in oil until onions are golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Cook until the tomatoes have broken down. Add a little water if necessary.
- Add the curry powder, garlic powder, and ginger powder.
- Stir and cook for two minutes.
- Add coconut milk and stir.
- Add shrimp and toss them until they're well coated. Cook until they turn pink.
- Serve with steamed rice.