My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon jamaican jerk spice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened shredded wheat cereal, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 24 large tail-on shelled shrimp (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Crisco shortening, for deep frying
SWEET ORANGE MARMALADE SAUCE
- 1Combine flour, cornstarch, jerk seasoning and paprika in a shallow bowl.
- 2Pour coconut milk into a second bowl.
- 3Combine the shredded wheat and shredded coconut in third bowl.
- 4Lay out cooling racks and place waxed paper underneath them to catch drippings.
- 5Working in assembly line fashion, hold each shrimp by the tail, coat with the flour mixture, dip into the coconut milk and coat with the crushed wheat/coconut mixture. Place shrimp on a rack and repeat process until all shrimp are coated.
- 6Melt enough Crisco shortening to equal 2 inches in a deep frying pan, or use an electric deep fryer half filled with shortening; heat to 350. (365 for electric fryer).
- 7Fry 6 or 8 shrimp at a time, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Bring oil back to 350 (365 for electric fryer) before frying each batch.
- 8As each batch finishes, drain shrimp on a paper towel before transferring to a serving platter.
- 9Serve hot or warm with orange marmalade sauce.
- 10Orange Marmalade Sauce:.
- 11Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until almost smooth. Place mixture in a small serving bowl and set aside.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Shrimp With Orange Marmalade Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.1
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 144.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jamaican jerk spice
shredded wheat cereal