Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A crispy beer and coconut battered shrimp.
Make and share this Coconut Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces beer
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 8 ounces coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 15 -20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- oil (for frying)
- Mix beer, egg, milk, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Dredge shrimp in batter mixture then redip a second time. Roll in coconut then let rest about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and deep fry until golden.
Butterflied my shrimp so I could get more coconut on them! I was successful. Yum!
Excellent coconut shrimp!!! I am not a fan of coconut, but somehow, really like fried coconut shrimp, weird!!! This was very easy and the coating was great. The only change I may make is to omit the sugar, as I find the coconut sweet enough. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. Made for ZWT8.
This is one of those recipes that could get a gal in serious trouble! It is way too easy and beyond way too good to not make all the time. I made the batter with some of our homebrewed hefeweissen and served it with a creamy pineapple dipping sauce. What a delight!