Recipe by lets.eat
Deep fried shrimp in a pineapple juice and flour batter. This produces around 1-1/2 dozen, all depends on the actual size of shrimp you purchase
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 (14 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail left on
- oil, for deep fat frying
- sweet and sour sauce, plum sauce or Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the flour, seafood seasoning, egg and pineapple juice until smooth. Place coconut in a shallow bowl. Dip the shrimp into the batter, than coat with coconut.
- In an electric skillet, or a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375'. Fry shrimp just a few at a time, for 1-1/2 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels or brown paper shopping bag. Serve with dipping sauce or mustard, if desired.