This rice has a mild coconut flavor. I served it with Macadamia Nut Chicken Breasts #30291 and a Thai red curry sauce. It was a perfect combination.
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil in a medium sized pot.
- Add the rice, ginger and salt.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While waiting, heat the shredded coconut in a skillet, toasting it lightly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the rice has cooked for 20 minutes, fluff it with a fork and throw out the ginger root.
- Toss with toasted coconut.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro just before serving.