1/1 Photo of Coconut Rice
This rice has a mild coconut flavor. I served it with Macadamia Nut Chicken Breasts #30291 and a Thai red curry sauce. It was a perfect combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the coconut milk to a boil in a medium sized pot.
- 2Add the rice, ginger and salt.
- 3Stir and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5While waiting, heat the shredded coconut in a skillet, toasting it lightly.
- 6Remove from heat and set aside.
- 7When the rice has cooked for 20 minutes, fluff it with a fork and throw out the ginger root.
- 8Toss with toasted coconut.
- 9Garnish with chopped cilantro just before serving.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.8
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 37.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 463.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: