Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple side dish that will transport you to the Caribbean.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups coconut milk, warmed
- Pour the oil into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the rice and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until it becomes translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and rest, covered for about 10-15 minutes before serving.
This was the best, easiest most flavor coconut rice I have ever had!!! I will make this many more times! Thanks
this rice is really rich, maybe a little too rich. next time, i'll put in a little less coconut milk. real tasty though!