Recipe by Ladies of the Lake-eM Cee
A friend gave me this wonderful recipe. It is so good!
Top Review by Lucky Ducky
I was searching for a coconut pineapple pie recipe to satisfy a craving when I came upon this one. Very simple to make, and delicious! Only problem I had was my store-bought pie shell had a few cracks in it that I couldn't mend entirely, so some of the filling ran underneath the pie shell and baked on. Made it quite a challenge to get the pie out of the plate, but worth the effort.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shells, unbaked
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add corn syrup, coconut, pineapple, eggs and vanilla-mix well.
- Pour into a pastry shell.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Chill before cutting.
- Store in refrigerator.