1/1 Photo of Coconut Pineapple Citrus Glazed Muffins
N N N's Note:
These beauties have an intense citrusy pina colada flavor, and make a bright addition to your morning coffee or an elegant brunch.
My Private Note
1 cup m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 4 tablespoons canola oil or 4 tablespoons any flavorless oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1MUFFINS: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Line large size 1 cup muffin pans with corresponding large paper liners.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, coconut flakes, baking powder, both zests and salt.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, oil and both juices until incorporated.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir gently until combined.
- 6Pour approximately 3/4 cup batter in each paper liner.
- 7Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 8Allow to cool, and remove muffins from pan.
- 9GLAZE: Spread 1/2 cup coconut flakes on a small sheet pan or ovenproof skillet, and bake in a 350 degree oven until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes CAUTION: Coconut burns easily, so keep an eye on it.
- 10In a clean bowl, blend powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon each of freshly squeezed lemon juice and orange juice until smooth. Consistency should be like that of white glue. CAUTION: Humidity may affect proportions. If more liquid is needed, add a few drops of juice at a time as necessary. If mixture is too liquid, add more powdered sugar as necessary.
- 11Spoon glaze onto cooled muffin tops.
- 12Sprinkle toasted coconut immediately onto freshly glazed muffins before the glaze dries.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Pineapple Citrus Glazed Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.2
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 224.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 55.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g