Recipe by Hill Family
This cookie blends together some great flavors and oh so good.
Top Review by Deantini
This is a good cookie; I made a few changes to fit my tastebuds (less fat, less sweetness); I reduced shortening by 1/2 cup and instead added 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce. I omitted 1 cup of regular sugar and added 1/2 cup of splenda. I only used 1/2 tsp salt because I reduced the sweetness. I got 40 cookies that baked up really well. Because of the changes to the recipe the cookies came out at 90 calories. Made for Sweet Traditions Tag
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the shortening and sugars.
- Beat into that batter the eggs and oatmeal.
- Add to that mixture the flour, soda, baking powder, salt, vanilla and the coconut. Mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8 minutes (Do not over bake).