Recipe by Sweet**Fuzion
My family and I really enjoy this recipe. It makes a nice small batch of 2 dozen cookies and is very easy to put together. These cookies have a really good coconut taste-Enjoy!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Made these today with my 3 yr old today. They were quick and easy and very tasty!! Made with a cookie scoop so it made 18 cookies. Made a dozen as per the recipe and 6 with chocolate chips added. Will make these again because they are a quick cookie to make. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream together the shortening and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt and give it a quick stir.
- Gently mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients til mixed. Then stir in the oats and coconut.
- Shape dough into balls and place on cool ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Watch closely-Don't overcook!
- Let rest on sheet for 1 minute after removing from oven then transfer to wire racks to cool.