Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 41 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Make and share this Coconut Meringue recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 140C/120C Fan/Gas 1. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Mix the cornflour with the vinegar and vanilla. Set aside.
- Mix together the icing and caster sugars and set aside. Put the egg whites in a large, clean, dry bowl and whisk at a slow speed until foamy - this is easier with an electric mixer. Increase the speed and whisk until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add the sugars a spoonful at a time, whisking until stiff again after each addition. When all the sugar is added, whisk until the meringue forms stiff, glossy peaks. Add the cornflour mixture and whisk for a few seconds. Fold in the dessicated coconut.
- Put on the baking paper and shape with the back of a large spoon to make a 22cm round with raised edges. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the meringue is crisp on the outside and mallowy inside. It's ready when the paper can be peeled away easily. Turn off the oven and leave the meringue inside for another 30 minutes.
- Put the meringue case on a large plate. Whip the cream until it just holds its shape. Fold in some of the mango and pile into the meringue case. Decorate with the rest of the mango and chopped mint.