Recipe by *Marli*
I have not tried this recipe yet, but it sounds interesting. Prep time does not include overnight marinating. A Donna Hay recipe
Top Review by JustJanS
This was a good, easy to follow recipe. The chicken legs stayed moist and the sauce happened quickly. I just think it lacked some flavour to make it a 5 star recipe. Next time I make it, I'll add a couple of tablespoons of fish sauce and finish it with chopped coriander.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tumeric, coriander, chilli, garlic, ginger, green onions, lemon juice, salt& pepper in a large non-metallic bowl.
- Pour in coconut milk& mix well to combine.
- Score chicken skin& flesh at regular intervals.
- Place chicken in the bowl with the marinade& toss to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees c.
- Place chicken pieces on a rack in baking dish, reserving marinade.
- Cook for 35-40 minutess or until golden& cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, heat marinade in a small saucepan& simmer for 8 minutes or until thickened into a sauce.
- Serve chicken with rice& sauce.