Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have not tried this recipe yet, but it sounds interesting. Prep time does not include overnight marinating. A Donna Hay recipe
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken pieces
- Combine tumeric, coriander, chilli, garlic, ginger, green onions, lemon juice, salt& pepper in a large non-metallic bowl.
- Pour in coconut milk& mix well to combine.
- Score chicken skin& flesh at regular intervals.
- Place chicken in the bowl with the marinade& toss to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees c.
- Place chicken pieces on a rack in baking dish, reserving marinade.
- Cook for 35-40 minutess or until golden& cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, heat marinade in a small saucepan& simmer for 8 minutes or until thickened into a sauce.
- Serve chicken with rice& sauce.
This was a good, easy to follow recipe. The chicken legs stayed moist and the sauce happened quickly. I just think it lacked some flavour to make it a 5 star recipe. Next time I make it, I'll add a couple of tablespoons of fish sauce and finish it with chopped coriander.
This is really delicious and comes out an interesting bright yellow colour! Great presentation when served with green and red vegies eg: steamed brocolli and peppers -or- salad leaves and cherry tomatos. Could you post some other Donna Hay recipies Marli?