Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mahi Mahi recipe by Joanne Bruno. Pina Colada Salsa from 400 Calorie Fix.
Make and share this Coconut Macadamia Nut-Crusted Mahi Mahi W/ Pina Colada Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets or 2 (6 ounce) other firm white fish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Pina Colada Salsa
- 1 1⁄4 cups pineapple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine shredded coconut with the panko, macadamia nuts and 3/4 tsp sea salt in a shallow bowl. Combine the coconut milk and soy sauce in another shallow dish. Sprinkle fish on both sides with the remaining 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper. Dip one side of the fish into the milk mixture and then dredge the dipped side into the panko/coconut mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish, crust side down, to pan and cook 3 minutes.
- Add fish, crust side up, to an 8×8-inch baking or casserole pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve with the salsa.