Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Coconut and macadamia nuts were made for each other. A delicious combo in an easy to make cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients.
- Add half of mixture at a time to sugar mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets 1 minute.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.