Recipe by hotdishmama
I came up with this recipe, trying to copy my favorite from a local Indian restaurant. Adding the green chile salsa is what finally did the trick! Although they don't serve it this way at the restaurant, I stir-fried some vegetables and mixed them in before serving. Served with Cilantro Lime Rice Bean and Salsa Salad.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
In my opinion, you can never go wrong with green curry...adding the green salsa and fresh lime juice puts this over the top. I added bamboo shoots and straw mushrooms. Can't wait for the leftovers!
- 3 chicken breasts, filets
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- zest from one lime
- 2 tablespoons mild green chili salsa
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks and sautee in a little oil until surface is lightly brown (do not need to cook through). Remove chicken from pan. Stir in coconut milk, broth, curry paste, curry powder, and red pepper flakes, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken back to pan and simmer about another 5-10 minutes, until the sauce is slightly thicker and chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Add lime juice, zest and chile salsa and stir until heated through.
- Toss in stir-fried veggies if desired, and sprinkle with cilantro leaves. Serve with rice.