Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Melt in your mouth treats!! I use parchment paper sprayed with veggie spray (Pam), have never had them stick or burn.
- Beat egg whites until they stand in peaks.
- Gradually add sugar, beat again until stiff.
- Carefully fold in coconut.
- Drop by teaspoonful on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and sprayed with veggie spray.
- Bake in a 250°F oven for 25 minutes.
- Do not preheat oven.
I have made these before with the addition of 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. vanilla. For the cookies that stick, try laying the wax/parch paper on a moist towel and the steam might lift them off.
They didn't turn out looking as nice as I wanted for a dinner party I was preparing them for, but they were so yummy in my mouth! I'll make these again for myself because they are really easy and taste great!
I think these must be quite the most delicate thing ever to have been produced in my kitchen! I can imagine them as an accompaniment to a delicious creamy dessert or with coffee after dinner. I am taking them as a gift to my mother tomorrow. I know she will love them!