Recipe by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
Very cool and refreshing. Perfect summer dessert. You may use zest of 1 lime instead of lime leaves.
Top Review by Gatorbek
Fabulous, light summer dessert! I used lime zest in place of lime leaves, and strained it out before freezing. The flavor of the zest accented but did not overpower the coconut, this was awesome. DD loved it, she ate two bowls by herself. I think I'll try making these into popsicles for the kids this summer! Cocnut pops with strawberry chunks... mmmmmmm.
- 1 liter coconut milk
- 1⁄2 liter water
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 100 g fresh lime leaves
- 500 g fresh strawberries, sliced
- 20 ml fresh lemon juice
- mint (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the coconut milk with water, sugar and lime leaves or zest in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil giving it a good stir and immediately remove from heat.
- Remove the lime leaves and pour the coconut milk into a container and freeze it.
- When ready to serve, mix the sliced strawberries with the lemon juice.
- To serve, in a cocktail glass, add a layer of strawberries.
- Shave the coconut ice with a spoon and put the shavings onto the strawberries.
- Garnish with mint.