Coconut Ice - No Cook Easy Version
photo by dizzydi
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 150 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g icing sugar, sieved (powdered or confectioner's sugar)
- 175 g desiccated coconut (a kind of very fine grate very dry shelf-stable coconut)
- 2 -5 drops red food coloring or 2 -5 drops pink food coloring
- Using extra icing sugar, dust a square pan (pan size will determine thickness).
- Mix the condensed milk, icing sugar and coconut together in a large bowl until it's fully mixed and stiff.
- Divide in half and tint one half of the mixture pink with the food colouring.
- Press one mixture into the pan gently then top and press with the other mixture.
- Leave to set then cut into cubes or fingers with an oiled knife.
- To store: wrap or layer with waxed or greaseproof paper and store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OK this is 5 stars because it is simple and easy. We did find they are extremely sweet though, but then they are candy which I didn't cut in too large squares. I made my own powdered sugar to be corn free by grinding regular white sugar in a coffee grinder. I ground my unsweetened coconut flakes as well to be finer. Not sure I would make them again because of the sweetness but they did turn out well.
see 1 more reviews