Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Coconut milk, honey and vanilla are the perfect combination to create this smooth, refreshing ice cream. I feel honey and vanilla really enhance the natural coconut flavor. I like to use vanilla bean paste because I love to see the tiny speckles of vanilla beans throughout the ice cream, but vanilla extract would be fine as well. My kids went bonkers for this ice cream--and to be completely honest, I did too. :)
- 2 (14 ounce) cansfull fat coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup mild honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Into a metal bowl that has been chilled in the freezer, pour coconut milk, honey and vanilla.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with whisk attachment, whisk until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Make sure your ice cream maker's freezer bowl is frozen solid (you don't want to hear even the slightest sloshing noise when shaken). Keep in the freezer until absolutely ready to pour mixture into the machine.
- Place mixture into the freezer tub of your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions for freezing. It took only 15 minutes for my machine to churn and freeze this concoction into a beautiful, smooth ice cream.
- With a spatula, turn ice cream into a freezer storage container. Freeze for 2-4 hours or until desired texture.