made this for a recent company party... everyone loved it.
Make and share this Coconut Fudge Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted, divided
- 14 honey maid honey graham crackers, finely crushed (about 2-1/2 cups crumbs)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) packagejet-puffed miniature marshmallows
- 12 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped planters walnuts
- 1 cup baker's angel flake coconut, toasted
- LINE 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Grease foil. Mix 3/4 cup of the butter and graham crumbs; press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan. Set aside.
- PLACE remaining butter, sugar, evaporated milk and marshmallows in large saucepan; bring to boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chocolate; cook until completely melted, stirring frequently. Pour immediately over crust; spread to evenly cover bottom of crust.
- SPRINKLE with walnuts and coconut; press lightly into chocolate layer with back of spoon. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Lift dessert from pan, using foil handles. Cut into 32 bars. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- ***HOW TO CRUSH HONEY GRAHAMS***.
- To make graham cracker crumbs by hand, place crackers in a resealable plastic bag. Seal bag, pressing to remove all the air. Crush crackers into crumbs by rolling across them through the bag with a rolling pin.