Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From Real Simple -- Modified recipe by Sue Li , November, 2012. NOTE: Cook time includes chill time!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (FLAKY CRUST, PARTIALLY BAKED)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut (shredded or flaked)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Partially bake pie crust, using pie weights or dried beans.
- Whisk together condensed milk, coconut milk, egg yolks, and salt.
- Pour into the partially baked pie crust, top with coconut, and bake until the center is set but still slightly jiggly, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool, then chill until firm, 4 to 5 hours.